parent (plural parents)
- One of the two persons from whom one is immediately biologically descended; a mother or father.
- A person who acts as a parent in rearing a child. (adoptive parent, foster parent)
- (biology) An organism from which a plant or animal is immediately biologically descended.
- The source or origin of something.
- A group from which another group is formed, or which completely controls a subordinate group. (parent company)
- In object oriented computer programming, the object from which a child or derived object is decended The child object inherits methods and data fields from the parent.
- (person who whom one is descended): [[child]], [[offspring]]
6 letters in word "parent": A E N P R T.
Anagrams of parent:
Words found within parent:
ae an ane ant ante antre ape aper apert apt apter ar are aret arpen art at ate ea ean ear earn eat en er era ern et eta etna na nae nap nape nare nat ne neap near neat nep net pa pan pane pant par pare part pat pate paten pater pe pea pean pear peart peat pen pent per pern pert pet petar prat prate pre prent ran rant rap rape rapt rat rate re rean reap ren rent rep ret ta tae tan tane tap tape tapen taper tar tare tarn tarp te tea tear ten tepa tern trap trape